Press Release | May 24, 2014
Mark Your Calendar – July 10-13, 2014
Now in its seventh successful year, ArtHamptons has established itself as THE “must attend” art buying and social event of the Hamptons at the magnificent Sculpture Fields of Nova’s Ark. Every year, the East End community comes together to celebrate the Hamptons’ long history as a haven for the creation and patronage of art.
Escape into the World of Art
From the pastoral landscapes of Jane Freilicher as “Lifetime Achievement Honoree” to the other worldly theatrical productions of Robert Wilson as “Arts Patron of Year”, the escape from the everyday that art allows will be showcased and trumpeted. Break-away and take-off to The Sculpture Fields at Nova’s Ark, a dream-like setting of 95 bucolic acres featuring dramatic sculpture gardens, a horse pasture and polo field with unforgettable sunsets. ArtHamptons guests will be transported to Korea’s thriving art scene as Korea Contemporary @ ArtHamptons features 15 of Asia’s leading galleries. Fairgoers will immerse themselves and experience art presented by 80+ prominent galleries from 12 countries representing over 400 respected contemporary artists. Select the finest in paintings, works of paper, photography, prints and sculpture.
With these exciting new additions, this year’s fair is expected to take visitors to new dimensions of reality. Worth the escape from NY.
Witness the ArtHamptons’ July 10 Opening Night Preview, a Hamptons tradition, benefits the esteemed local arts institution Guild Hall.
Opening Night HC&G VIP Reception in the HC&G Artists & Collectors Lounge presented by Hamptons Cottages & Gardens in the Lounge invites significant regional art collectors and interior designers to attend. By invite only.
- July 11, Hamptons Magazine’s Cover Stars Party to benefit the Ellen Hermanson Breast Center at Southampton Hospital will turn out the Hamptons’ tastemakers and influencers. By invite only.
- July 12, Meet the 2014 Lifetime Achievement honoree, artist Jane Freilicher, and explore her show, Jane Freilicher: Near the Sea, A Sixty Year Retrospective, curated by the Tibor d’Nagy Gallery.
- July 12, Listen to an interview with 2014 Arts Patron of the Year recipient, the choreographer, director, artist and founder of Watermill Foundation, Robert Wilson.
- July 12, Gain astute insights at the panel discussion + reception, Managing Your Art Collection as an Asset, presented by VIP Sponsor US Trust.
- July 12, 7th Annual YPO/WPO Summer Art Party for over one hundred of the NYC Chapter’s esteemed members. By invite only.
- July 12, The 22nd Annual Tea Dance @ ArtHamptons benefits Empire State Pride Agenda, the premier and LGBT event of the summer. Separate admission.
- July 12, Toast to the Hamptons.com 10th Anniversary Celebration. By invite only.
- July 13, Experience ArtPolo @ ArtHamptons, a customized polo demonstration in adjacent field hosted by the Southampton Hunt and Polo Club for fairgoers and Museum Young Collectors from NYC’s arts institutions, benefits the Southampton Arts Center, presented by BEACH.
- July 13, Get excited about the first-ever ArtKids @ ArtHamptons event with the prominent organization Free Arts NYC, which will host a morning of art exploration for kids and their families.
- Also: Meet and engage in intimate discussions with celebrated artists each day, join expert led tour of the fair each day, 11:30am-noon, enjoy elegant indoor and sophisticated outdoor dining by the Hamptons award winning Cheffe Colette, gain entry to the stylish and coveted Artist and Collectors VIP Lounge.
Join more than 80 museums and cultural institutions embracing ArtHamptons 2014. Special thanks to Platinum Sponsor Sotheby’s International Real Estate, VIP Sponsors US Trust, Paolo Costagli, Sequoia Grove Vineyard, and Participating Partner Tesla.