October 4, 2012 in Show Information
Positioned to launch the summer season, Art Hamptons 2016 opens Thursday, June 23 and runs through Sunday, June 26. Held annually, the fair presents 70+ dealers featuring works of art on a private Lumber Lanes Reserve estate grounds in Bridgehampton – one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the Hamptons.
ArtHamptons concluded its 8th edition in 2015 reporting massive attendance and record sales. With a new location in Bridgehampton, the Hamptons’ longest running fair demonstrated its strength as a leading modern and contemporary art fair, drawing crowds of roughly 15,000 attendees.
Strategically timed, ArtHamptons is positioned as one of the leading attractions of the summer not only for second homeowners and their guests, but for year round residents and visiting tourists. As in past years, ArtHamptons remains the first art fair of the summer season and where Hamptonites go to acquire their fine art.
About the Location: A Private Estate, Lumber Lane Reserve, Bridgehampton
In 2015 ArtHamptons relocated to a grander and more accessible location, a private Lumber Lane Reserve estate in Bridgehampton – one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the Hamptons. Surrounded by homes valued in the multi-millions, this awe-inspiring location is the epitome of luxury and provides an aura of excitement and exclusivity to enter. The site’s vast acreage allows for both valet and abundant self-parking options right at the fair.
Facts & Figures
- ArtHamptons is the longest-standing art fair in the Hamptons, now entering its eighth edition.
- Opening Night Preview attracts nearly 4,000 members of the Hamptons arts community.
- The Fair is visited by just under 15,000 collectors and attendees over four days.
- Continuously growing, the 8th edition was the largest to date, with 87 exhibitors from 12 countries and record-breaking Opening Night attendance and throughout the weekend.
- ArtHamptons works with nearly 70 leading museums and institutions annually as Cultural Partners, each promoting the fair to members, donors and boards.
- Many dealers reported more sales activity than expected at ArtHamptons 2014.
- Estimated art sales increase of 20 percent over 2013.
- Average price points of artworks in the $10k-50k level.
About the Location
ArtHamptons moves to the most popular weekend of the season and to a more prestigious location behind the hedges. The Fair will take place at a private estate, a Lumber Lane Reserve in Bridgehampton, providing an aura of luxury and excitement upon entrance and setting the tone for Fair attendees. The vast acreage allows for both valet and abundant self-parking options on-site.
The ArtHamptons Sculpture Garden
The demand for distinctive 3D works to enhance local estates makes the Hamptons a prime sculpture market. The Fair curates a one-acre area devoted to exhibiting galleries’ outdoor sculptures, creating a ideal venue for VIP cocktail receptions at the fair.
- A new ‘Open Flow’ Architectural Design: insuring wider aisles, better sight lines, more end-cap booths, an easy-to-navigate floor layout and higher ceilings.
- Hosting receptions in the VIP Lounge: partnerships with local media and cultural organizations assure a steady flow of regional thought-leaders walking the aisles.
- Parking: Offering fairgoers acres of valet and complimentary self-parking options.
- Celebrity collectors in attendance in 2014: Jon Bon Jovi, Beth Rudin DeWoody, Eric Fischl, Rudy Giuliani, Jules Feiffer, Molly Sims, Beth Ostrosky & Howard Stern, Moby, John Leguizamo, Chris Wragge.